Saturday, February 25, 2012

I'm a slack ass Blogger

I blog in my head, almost constantly.
But being a single mother of three... Life Ain't so easy to blog and POST it.
Yes, I said single. No, I don't want to talk about it.

So I was sold a car by a friend who lives interstate with the promise of "It just needs new tyres and maybe front brakes."

Front Wheel Bearings, Four new tyres, four new brakes, four new shock absorbers, a new windscreen, cooling system work, new muffler and new seals later... It's almost ready to be roadworthied. #facepalm

Not really their fault, I should have gotten it checked before I bought it. But it's taken all my savings and then some.

And then... They sell my house out from under me.

So now I have to find bond to cover a new place until I get it back from here.

Despite all this... brokenness, chaos, poverty and pain, I'm choosing to be joyful.

Hey atleast I had savings, right? And now I have a car that WILL keep on rolling.
I have amazing friends helping me find somewhere new to live that will be a huge blessing, and doing work on my car to reduce mechanic labour costs. I have amazing parents helping me afford a safe, clean, mould-free place to live with my kids. I have an amazing Bestie, who listens so patiently and is so gentle with her timely applications of reframing concrete and the reality stick adjustments to my perspective.
I have an amazing God; who takes the Stuff I don't want.
Pain about my broken relationship that may or may not be healed? God, take it. I don't want to nurse this right now. I can't change it, just... Take it.
Worry about finances? Not helpful and destructive to my sleep patterns! Here God, YOU HAVE IT!
Fear about the future... OH SO don't want that. All yours God.

Funny thing is, when I choose to hand it over, the good and the bad; When I lay down my life and say here God, take it... He does. He heals, He soothes, He LOVES.
I can be joyful in the midst of the horror of my life (which is MY fault, not HIS!) because I have a Daddy God who never fails me.

1 comment:

  1. {HUG}. You're not a slack ass blogger :-). You're an amazing woman of God who is BUSY!

    ReplyDelete