Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dear Diary

It's coming up to that time of year, that time where I get to be just me for a few short days.
This time last year I was in Brisbane sharing dinner with a long term friend that I had just met in person for the first time. Seeing myself through their eyes has been one for the most significant points in my life. They have also become one of the few, if not only inner-circle relationship where the love was always unconditional, and judgement of my past and intention for future was non-existent.
I can never thank them enough for the past twelve months. I don't think they'll ever know the significance of our relationship and the depth of their influence in my life.
 
I really screwed up, not intentionally, but through old bad habits, too private to name here. So, we don't talk at the moment. I hope that will change with time doing it's healing thing. But my feelings about their value as a person and a friend are the same.
  
I can't tell you this Hon, so I'll tell the internet instead.
For just the love and acceptance you gave, but not excluding: your terrible Dad jokes, reddit addiction, bad taste in hair cuts and devotion to rockmelon, I will always love you my friend, for who you are. I miss you every single day. Stay Classy.
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment